Get reliable supply, application equipment and a national service network to put a fueling program together – all from Linde.
LNG in Transportation
Liquefied natural gas (LNG) can be used as an alternative fuel for the transportation sector in trucks, marine, and locomotive applications. Natural gas vehicles running on LNG can often be fueled by LNG stored on-site at fueling stations and dispensed through specially-designed pumps. Linde constructed the first LNG fueling station in the U.S. in Springville, Indiana.
There are plenty of reasons to choose LNG as your Transportation Fuel
- Lower life-cycle cost for high fuel-use fleets
- Driving ranges up to 600 miles between refueling
- Return on conversion investment is typically under a year
- Growing network of natural gas fueling stations—refueling is as simple and quick as diesel or gasoline
- 100% domestically produced fuel
- Non-toxic, non-corrosive
- Lower NOx, particulates, SOx and CO2 than diesel
- Quieter than conventional diesel motors
LNG in Oil & Gas
Gain economic, environmental and operational benefits by powering drilling and completion equipment with LNG fuel. This alternative to diesel and electricity delivers cost savings and reduced emissions.
Oil and gas companies can use LNG to fuel equipment like drilling rigs and completion gear. Linde supplies the fuel, equipment, personnel and services to set up a safe LNG fueling program. We can even help you determine the best conversion technology.
Linde as Your LNG Fuel Provider
- We provide the technologies, equipment, supplies and services for a complete and customizable LNG fueling program.
- We're renowned for world-class project management, on-site process optimization and research and development.
- We know oil and gas operations. Linde supplies liquid nitrogen and CO2 product and on-site services for completion across much of the United States.
- We know cryogens. Linde owns and operates 1,000 plants and safely and reliably make several million deliveries of cryogenic gases annually.
- We're a customer too. Linde is building its LNG-fueled truck fleet by converting existing vehicles to LNG and purchasing new LNG-fueled tractors.
- With our Cryostar subsidiary, we produce and service permanent and mobile LNG and LCNG (liquefied compressed natural gas) refueling stations.