- Aerospace & Defense
- Chemicals | Providing Base & Bulk Chemicals, Reactor Cooling, VOC Abatement, Solvent Recovery and more
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Food & Beverage Grade Industrial Gases-Food Chilling & Freezing Equipment-Process Solutions
- Glass - Industrial Gases & Process-Flat-Specialty-Art-Tableware-Frits-Container-Mineral Wool-Glass Fibers
- Metal Fabrication-Industrial Gas-Shielding Gas-Laser & Plasma Cutting-Laser & Arc Welding-Coating-Laser Gases-Safety Products
- Pharma & Biotech
- Plastics & Rubber
- Power & Energy | Fraccing-Biofuels-Hydrogen Energy-LNG-Upstream Oil & Gas-Emissions Trading-Stack Emissions Monitoring-
- Pulp & Paper | Delignification-Bleaching-Ozone Production-CO2 & Oxygen Applications-Pulp Production Process Improvements-Rcovery-
- Mobility & Transportation
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
Carbon dioxide and nitrogen are highly effective gases when used in EOR (i.e., improved oil recovery) projects. Linde is the largest supplier of carbon dioxide in North America and designs, builds, owns and operates on-site air-separation plants that supply nitrogen for EOR projects. These plants separate nitrogen from air and compress it to reservoir injection pressures.
Linde is the prime nitrogen supplier to Pemex for the world’s largest nitrogen injection EOR project, located in Cantarell, Mexico.
These injectants force oil from injection wells towards production wells, maintain reservoir pressure and increase flow using Huff-n-Puff techniques. Under certain conditions, the gas can become miscible with crude, lowering its viscosity and thereby further enhancing recovery.
The carbon dioxide Huff-n-Puff process can increase oil production from stripper and other low-volume wells by injecting a slug of carbon dioxide at less than frac pressure into the oil bearing formation. The well is shut in for a time determined by the bottom hole pressure. Excellent results in light oil formations have been experienced throughout the U.S.