- Aerospace & Defense
- Chemicals | Providing Base & Bulk Chemicals, Reactor Cooling, VOC Abatement, Solvent Recovery and more
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Food & Beverage Grade Industrial Gases-Food Chilling & Freezing Equipment-Process Solutions
- Glass - Industrial Gases & Process-Flat-Specialty-Art-Tableware-Frits-Container-Mineral Wool-Glass Fibers
- Metal Fabrication-Industrial Gas-Shielding Gas-Laser & Plasma Cutting-Laser & Arc Welding-Coating-Laser Gases-Safety Products
- Pharma & Biotech
- Plastics & Rubber
- Power & Energy | Fraccing-Biofuels-Hydrogen Energy-LNG-Upstream Oil & Gas-Emissions Trading-Stack Emissions Monitoring-
- Pulp & Paper | Delignification-Bleaching-Ozone Production-CO2 & Oxygen Applications-Pulp Production Process Improvements-Rcovery-
- Mobility & Transportation
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
For economic, energy security and environmental reasons, the production of alternative fuels is gaining momentum. Linde supplies production companies with gases and services that improve safety, production and economics.
Carbon dioxide and nitrogen are used in many biofuels plants for:
Sparging and stripping (ex. moisture from biodiesel)
Quality maintenance during product storage
Oxygen is used to gasify cellulosic feedstocks, waste products and residues; it provides a number of advantages:
Lower syn gas clean-up requirements for the production of liquid fuels
Better economic basis
Oxygen can also be used to enhance fermentation reactions, and for water treatment.
Hydrogen can be used as a reactant to process gasified and bio-based feedstocks or for hydrotreating.
Carbon dioxide can also be used for pH control of fermentation broths, as a feedgas for photosynthetic processes such as algae, or for water treatment.
Linde has engineered systems to generate gases or syngas, and even to make hydrogen from glycerine.
Linde also provides unique VOC and NOx control capabilities for processing waste reduction, increased yields and emissions control.