- Aerospace & Defense
- Chemicals | Providing Base & Bulk Chemicals, Reactor Cooling, VOC Abatement, Solvent Recovery and more
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Food & Beverage Grade Industrial Gases-Food Chilling & Freezing Equipment-Process Solutions
- Glass - Industrial Gases & Process-Flat-Specialty-Art-Tableware-Frits-Container-Mineral Wool-Glass Fibers
- Air Quality Monitoring
- Analysis & Measurement
- Automotive Laboratories
- Biological Growth Control
- Car Exhaust Testing
- Chemicals Production
- Emission Trading
- Environmental Protection
- Petrochemical Processing
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology
- Power Generation
- Process Control
- Soil and Water Measurement
- Solvent & VOC Monitoring
- Metal Fabrication-Industrial Gas-Shielding Gas-Laser & Plasma Cutting-Laser & Arc Welding-Coating-Laser Gases-Safety Products
- Pharma & Biotech
- Plastics & Rubber
- Power & Energy | Fraccing-Biofuels-Hydrogen Energy-LNG-Upstream Oil & Gas-Emissions Trading-Stack Emissions Monitoring-
- Pulp & Paper | Delignification-Bleaching-Ozone Production-CO2 & Oxygen Applications-Pulp Production Process Improvements-Rcovery-
- Mobility & Transportation
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
HiQ specialty gases and specialty equipment have a role in many areas of power generation. With oil and coal fired turbines gas mixtures are used to monitor the effect of flue gas treatments and environmental compliance standards and high purity instrument gases are used to keep continuous emission monitors calibrated at peak efficiency. In areas of emission trading, ISO accredited calibration gas mixtures are used.
Nuclear power stations use instrument gases and calibration mixtures with Nuclear Counter devices, measurement and other research applications.
In modern age generation such as Photovoltaic energy, the cells used to capture the suns rays are created using different technology, but each process will use high purity gases such as hydrogen, nitrogen along with electronic grade semiconductor gases. And various Waste-to-Energy power generating facilities will also use high purity gases and mixtures for environmental monitoring.
Specialty equipment such as BASELINE cylinder regulators and REDLINE cylinder regulators and gas supply panels are used in many areas to control gas cylinder pressures while ensuring purity is not compromised.
For small scale power generation, modern fuel cells use high purity hydrogen and cylinders of ammonia (to generate hydrogen) for localized electricity production.