- Aerospace & Defense
- Chemicals | Providing Base & Bulk Chemicals, Reactor Cooling, VOC Abatement, Solvent Recovery and more
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Food & Beverage Grade Industrial Gases-Food Chilling & Freezing Equipment-Process Solutions
- Glass - Industrial Gases & Process-Flat-Specialty-Art-Tableware-Frits-Container-Mineral Wool-Glass Fibers
- Metal Fabrication-Industrial Gas-Shielding Gas-Laser & Plasma Cutting-Laser & Arc Welding-Coating-Laser Gases-Safety Products
- Pharma & Biotech
- Plastics & Rubber
- Power & Energy | Fraccing-Biofuels-Hydrogen Energy-LNG-Upstream Oil & Gas-Emissions Trading-Stack Emissions Monitoring-
- Pulp & Paper | Delignification-Bleaching-Ozone Production-CO2 & Oxygen Applications-Pulp Production Process Improvements-Rcovery-
- Mobility & Transportation
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
The manufacture of display flat panels requires the large-scale supply of ultra-pure gases. With dynamic growth in this competitive sector, manufacturers want the affordability, reliability and flexibility of a gases partner that can deliver locally, but has the backing of a global supply chain. As with all sectors of the electronics industry, pressure to minimize and eliminate greenhouse gases, especially those used in chamber cleaning, is rising.
As a global supplier of the display flat panel industry, Linde has dedicated process gas production facilities in China, Korea and Taiwan and a bulk gas support infrastructure throughout Asia. In addition to the full range of gases required to manufacture display flat panels in all package sizes, we deliver unique value-added technical solutions and turnkey projects to help customers meet their environmental and cost targets.
Linde offerings for the display industry
- Cost-effective bulk gas supply including large-scale on-site SPECTRA-N™ high-purity nitrogen generators, which are the most cost-effective and reliable way to supply ultra-pure nitrogen in the large qualities needed by display manufacturers. With gas impurity levels below 1ppb, the SPECTRA-N generator consumes less power than conventional generators and also provides excellent turn-down capabilities to meet facility ramp-up requirements.
- Dedicated comprehensive electronics special gases portfolio and global supply chains for the display industry
- New high-purity nitrous oxide (N2O) gas facilities in China, Taiwan and Korea to support the next generation of display technology
- On-site Generation-F® fluorine generators for chamber cleaning, lower manufacturing carbon footprint, and peace of mind in supply security, especially for > Gen 10 manufacturing fabs
Materials we offer for display manufacturing are the following:
|Bulk gases||Electronic special gases|
|Argon||Cleaning (Fluorine and Nitrogen trifluoride)
||Deposition (Ammonia, Nitrous oxide, and Silane)|
|Helium||Doping (Diborane and Phosphine)
|Hydrogen||Etching (Boron trichloride, Chlorine, Octafluorocylobutane, Pentafluoroethane, Sulfur hexafluoride, and Tetrafluoromethane)|
|Nitrogen||Laser (Fluorine/Hydrogen, Hydrogen chloride/Hydrogen/Neon, Krypton, Neon, and Xenon)
Leading supplier of bulk and electronic gases to China's flat panel display industry
Building on our position as the leading gas supplier to the Chinese electronics market, and capitalizing on the growth of the display industry in China, we have become the leading supplier of bulk and electronic special gases to China’s flat panel display industry. We have been awarded major bulk gas supply contracts by the three largest display manufacturers in China for their Gen 8.5 facilities to increase the cost effectiveness and environmental efficiency of their display manufacturing processes. We executed on-site and bulk gas projects for the first two Gen 8 TFT-LCD fabs in China.
These turnkey projects include the full gas infrastructure and supply of the actual gases. Benchmark projects such as these demonstrate our commitment to enable growth in the rapidly expanding display market through best-in-class gas technologies and innovations.