Safe Transport of Gases
Because safety is a core mission at Linde, we also encourage our customers to adopt sound transport practices. We have put a dedicated campaign in place to help you reduce the risks of transporting gases
Despite our commitment to communicating and practising safe transport procedures, gas cylinders are sometimes transported in inappropriate vehicles. Unfortunately, this frequently results in severe incidents. Many of these could have been avoided if basic safety rules had been followed.
Typical causes include:
- Insufficient ventilation during transit
- Cylinders not correctly secured
- Valve protection (if applicable) not in place
- Valves not closed properly before departure
- Regulator or other equipment remaining connected during transport
- Cylinders left in the vehicle for an extended period after arrival.