Murray Hill & New Providence, New Jersey, U.S., May 31, 2012 – Linde North America will showcase its broad range of support for the entire value chain for hydrogen fueling, from production/distribution through retail fueling, at the World Hydrogen Energy Conference 2012 at the Toronto Centre Sheraton in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, June 3-7.
Linde North America is a member of The Linde Group, a world-leading gases and engineering company and one of the world’s largest hydrogen producers. Visitors to booth #308 can meet with Linde’s hydrogen fueling team to discuss the latest developments in hydrogen fueling technology for buses, forklift trucks and automobiles, along with other applications.
Mike Beckman, vice president of hydrogen fueling and industrial applications for Linde North America, said, “Linde has been a vigorous supporter of alternate energy for decades and has been a pioneer in bringing hydrogen into use as a cost-effective everyday fuel. We’re showing that our technology can help improve sustainability, lower emissions and reduce our dependence on foreign fuel.”
At its booth, Linde will feature several state-of-the-art systems, including:
• Linde Ionic Compressor, a high-efficiency, high-throughput, low-maintenance and low-noise compression solution to allow fast and safe filling of vehicles.
• Linde compressed gaseous hydrogen forklift dispenser.
• Fuel cell power unit made by Plug Power, which has partnered with Linde on several hydrogen forklift truck projects.
Linde is one of the earliest entrants into the hydrogen energy arena and is the world’s only company with the in-house technology to fuel gaseous or liquid hydrogen regardless of the mode of on-board storage. Linde has equipped over 80 hydrogen fueling stations in 15 countries, supplying hydrogen for projects large and small. Amounts supplied range from a few hundred cubic feet of compressed hydrogen in cylinders to thousands of tons of liquid and gaseous hydrogen delivered by tank truck or pipeline.
Linde recently completed installation of a hydrogen production and dispensing station to fuel buses and automobiles for AC Transit at its terminal in Emeryville, California, and has received the Compressed Gas Association’s coveted Environmental Excellence Award for the AC Transit project. Linde also recently completed installation of forklift fueling stations for the BMW expansion at its Spartanburg, South Carolina, manufacturing plant, and just received an award of $3 million from the California Energy Commission to install two new hydrogen fueling stations in California.
Beckman will also deliver a speech at the plenary session on Thursday, June 7, covering Linde’s global progress in hydrogen fueling. Five additional papers will be presented at technical sessions:
• Green Hydrogen by Pyroreforming of Glycerin, presented by Satish Tamhankar, Linde innovation management, biomass to energy manager, on development of innovative processes for sustainable production of hydrogen from biogenic raw material.
• Daimler’s and Linde’s 20 Hydrogen Fueling Station Project – Status Quo, by Benjamin Kaehler, of Daimler-Benz, and Dr Alexander Stubinitzky, Linde innovation manager, hydrogen solutions, CIMM –advanced customer application, providing details, along with perspective, on the hydrogen fueled 125-day Mercedes-Benz F-CELL World Drive.
• AC Transit / Linde Hydrogen Fueling Station for Buses and Cars, by Nitin Natesan, Linde hydrogen fueling engineer, detailing the hydrogen installation of a hydrogen production and dispensing station to fuel buses for AC Transit at its terminal in Emeryville, California.
• Hydrogen for grid-scale storage of renewable energy, Dr Alexander Stubinitzky, will discuss the potential of various hydrogen energy storage systems.
• Advanced hydrogen fueling & compression technologies - Experiences gained and technology developments by Dr Alexander Stubinitzky, will provide an understanding of the hydrogen fueling technology to be used in the Linde/Daimler joint project to install 20 hydrogen fueling stations in Germany.
Linde North America is a member of The Linde Group, a world-leading gases and engineering company with around 50,500 employees in more than 100 countries worldwide. In the 2011 financial year, it achieved sales of EUR 13.787 bn (USD 18.1 billion). The strategy of The Linde Group is geared towards long-term profitable growth and focuses on the expansion of its international business with forward-looking products and services. Linde acts responsibly towards its shareholders, business partners, employees, society and the environment – in every one of its business areas, regions and locations across the globe. The Group is committed to technologies and products that unite the goals of customer value and sustainable development.
Linde corporate communications